Home

I’ve successfully created my paper pattern for my top. I used a basic bodice block which I then altered to fit my design. Once I had done this, I created my toile from Calico; I only made half a toile as the pattern is identical for both left & right sides of the body and would have been unproductive to make a whole toile. I am happy with the result of my pattern so far. The design works and fits on the stand well. I’ve also completed my pattern and toile for my dress. This was more challenging as my pattern was in more sections due to the nature of my design. I had concerns that the top half of the dress would slide off the shoulders but to my relief, it held in place. Now that my patterns are prepared, I will start producing my final garments. I need to purchase the fabrics that I want to use; for the top I have chosen to use white lace & cotton. For my dress, I will be using black georgette & cotton.

IMG_2136 IMG_2135 IMG_2137 IMG_2138IMG_2139IMG_2140IMG_2141 IMG_2140 IMG_2730 IMG_2732 IMG_2731IMG_2449IMG_2448IMG_2134IMG_2734IMG_2733IMG_2735

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s