Home

I spent this week constructing my top for the diffusion project. Whilst I was gathering my fabric choices, I came across some off white taffeta which worked well against my lace. So instead of using cotton for both my designs, I decided to use taffeta for my top as I believed it would work better than cotton. My pattern worked well with my fabric choices, I had few issues when sewing the pieces together. Once I had completed the top, I felt that it was very plain and needed something extra to add that splash of summer. To gain inspiration, I looked back over the images I’d gathered of Ferretti’s work and found a number of fashions which had ribbon incorporated into the design. I felt that this would be achievable on my already constructed garment and would add body to the finished product. So I bought some orange silk ribbon, I decided to add this at the hem of my top and have extra ribbon down one side of the garment so it could hang freely or be tied into a bow/knot. This worked really well overall and I’m glad that I chose to include this in my design. My garment is a good example of simplicity as it wasn’t an overly complicated pattern but the final product is effective through the use of materials. Now that my top is complete, I will start constructing my dress for this diffusion project.

IMG_2147 IMG_2148 IMG_2145 IMG_2146 IMG_2143 IMG_2144 IMG_2175IMG_2176IMG_2177

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s