After the initial pitch, we again received some critical feedback that our overall design was quite basic and cartoon focussed. After some confusion, we asked for further guidance as we were unsure of what they wanted us to achieve as understandably we were slightly disheartened after the time, money and effort we’d spent on the first display. We were shown some examples of what our lecturers were looking for when they said that we weren’t quite there with our design. We needed to be more experimental with the shape of our hats & the designs on them. We also needed to speak to a script to avoid talking over each other during the presentation. This proved to be helpful advice as we were able to work as a group and reconfigure our idea. We decided to simplify our design overall but keeping the same concept. We agreed to meet later this week (which is the last one before the final pitch) and make our design. We’re going to create repeated patterns for each hat using CAD, then make more elusive shaped hats & add the patterns to them.